Monday, September 1, 2008

Decision Making - Express

As suggested in the title, today i will introduce to you the art of decision making - the express way.

Decision making is inevitable in life. Do not confuse that decision making is only involved in major planning such as "Hmm, should i propose to my gf?" or "Gosh, who should i hang out with tomorrow? Miss A or B??".

Even simple stuff such as "crap, dota or cs?" is also part of decision making in our life.



So, don't you agree that decision making is a troublesome process? Isn't it time consuming, tedious, repetitive, mentally challenging and the list goes on...

Few things that what people normally do:

1. List out the advantage and disadvantage of the decision.
( ie, what if i choose this? what if i did not choose this?)
2. Seek for other people advice.
3. Pray to god for help.
4. Meditate to clear the mind. ( This is really rare)

Well, recently i was forced into a decision making process, which unfortunately took me more than 1 week to decide. I was considering to drop one of my core subject (Robot Design) after working with it for 5 weeks. I realise i cannot commit myself anymore to this subject as it is taking up all my time.

The decision making process was a hard one. After doing all 4 steps as mentioned previously, i find myself back in square one, unable to decide. What the Heck!! Guess what? I'll just do it the express way. This is very easy, once and for all super owning way of doing it.

1. Get your wallet.
2. Get 50c coin from it.
3. Pray to buddha / jesus / allah / your god
4. Toss the coin.
5. -----------------------------------

Have a guess, what the 5th step will be??


Do you think it will work??

Frankly speaking, i have been tossing coin for more than 20 times. Each time i will come up with some excuse that allows me to toss another time. Got the point?

In the end, you are the decision maker. No one except YOU is going to feel the consequences of the decision made. So, be sure to decide yourself and you won't have the chance to blame anyone.

So, the 5th step is grab your coin and put in back to where it was. The decision is in your hand, not the coin. The coin is just merely an instrument being manipulated by us. I am glad that i made the decision myself. It is really some experience for me, at least i think so.

Well, if you are wondering, i DROP the subject.

Haih, i am such a loser, am i?

1 comment:

owl_order said...

lol... yeah it took me quite a long time to make some decisions these few months too. hope i won't regret. i didn't resort to coin-flipping by the way, haha